25 Home Remedies for Cold - Treat common cold, sneezing, and running nose at home - Get rid of body ache, Itchy eyes, fever naturally
Published By Neha Sadana on 2012-01-23 58157 Views
A person suffering from common cold will surely agree that home remedies for cold are effective to an extent to treat and cure cold, nose blockage, sneezing, sore throat and running nose. You will be surprise to know that there are over 200 viruses that can be a cause of common cold. The rhino virus is the most contagious of all.
Though there is no proven tactic of how to prevent the common cold, a tough and healthy immune system with effective home remedies for cold will help you to treat cold.
Body ache, Fever, Pain, Watering eyes, Runny nose, Itchy eyes, Sore throat are symptoms of common cold. Cold should be treated on time as it can turn into secondary infections such as strep throat, bronchitis and pneumonia. Here are home remedies for cold to treat common cold. Here are 25 home remedies for cold, which help to treat and get rid of sneezing, running nose and nose blockage.
• To treat cold make a paste of ginger, clove and salt. Take about half spoon of this home remedy for cold two times in a day to treat and cure cold.
• A natural home remedy for cold is to inhale the aroma of smashed thymol seeds.
• Put few drops of almond oil in the nostrils to cure running nose and cold easily.
• Nose blockage can be treated by taking steam with few drops of eucalyptus oil. This is a good home remedy to cure common cold and flu.
• Increase your intake of fruits and food rich in Vitamin C as Vitamin C deficiency can cause cold easily. Eating oranges, amla, grapes, sweet lime can help you to protect and prevent cold.
• Ginger tea is one of the best and popular home remedy for cold. Boil ginger into water before boiling tea leaves to get good results to treat cold.
• Sneezing and running nose can be treated by eating pepper. Take half a spoon of grinded pepper with lukewarm water and this will relieve you from runny nose. Gargling pepper in warm water also help to get rid of cold virus and germs.
• You can get rid of cold very fast by inhaling fumes of turmeric powder, which is sprinkled on the burning coal. This is also a home remedy to treat nose blockage.
• One of the best home remedy for cold is to take dry ginger powder mixed with old Jaggery. This natural remedy is to be taken twice a day to get rid of running nose and cold.
• Taking half spoon of turmeric powder twice a day is an effective home remedy for cold and flu.
• Drinking hot water for the days when you are suffering from cold helps you to overcome running nose.
• Roast sesame seeds in ghee and mix them in jaggery. Taking this home remedy for cold will help you treat running and itchy nose especially in winter.
• Drinking lukewarm water with honey and lemon juice helps to get rid of cold and running nose.
• Figs also known as Anjeer boiled in water is one of the best home remedies for cold and flu. Take this hot water twice a day to treat cold, sneezing and running nose.
• Take a pinch of Cinnamon (dalchini) powder mixed with a teaspoon of honey to get rid of cold.
• To treat cold chop a piece of ginger and boil it in a cup of water and add half lemon juice and a spoon of honey. This is an effective home remedy for cold repeat, which will soothe your throat and relief you from cold.
• Make a cup of tea by adding ginger, clove, bay leaf and black pepper. Consume this home remedy for cold twice a day.
• Carom Leaf (Ajwain) boiled in water is a natural remedy to cure cold. Mix honey in this boiled water to get rid of cure cold or running nose.
• Apply Castor oil on the middle of the head to get relief from running nose and cold.
• Boil aniseed (Saunf) and cloves in water for 15 minutes and add sugar. This is a good home remedy to get rid of cold at home.
• Consuming a spoon of Betel leaves (Pan) juice is a good way to treat cold and sneezing at home.
• Smelling the aroma Asafetida (Hing) is also a home remedy to cure sneezing, cold or running nose.
• Taking half a spoon of ginger juice with a tablespoon of honey helps to cure sore throat and cold.
• Intake of garlic in any form assists to get rid of cold and sneezing.
• Gargling with warm salt water is an excellent home remedy for cold and sore throat. This natural home remedy is very effective in winter.
A special note
Try to stay warm and rest, if possible, when you are down with cold. Lying down will help your body to battle cold and flu. This way your body is able to use its energy to fight common cold and its symptoms.
Home Remedies to get rid of Dandruff
Home Remedies to get rid of blackheads