25 Home Remedies for Dry Skin to treat Dry, Itchy, Rough, Cracked Skin
Published By Neha Sadana on 2011-10-20 85367 Views
Dry Skin home remedies can relieve your skin problems to a great extent. Dry skin face appears dull, flaky and rough. A person having severe dry skin also suffers from dry skin patches, which looks very odd. Market is loaded with tons of dry skin products from mild to extremely cracked dry skin; but unfortunately they do not give expected result despite of having huge price tags. However, you can treat dry skin and get rid of it with the help of home remedies for dry skin. Continuous and consistence use of dry skin remedies can cure itchy dry skin on face.
Home Remedies for Dry skin
• Homemade Facial Masks for Dry skin helps to retain moisture and get rid of dry skin problems.
• Dry skin is the result of lack of water in the body. Start drinking lots of water when you observe your skin is beginning to get dry as this will keep the body hydrated. You can treat dry skin with this simple home remedy.
• Hot water reduces the natural skin oils. Avoid washing your dry skin face with hot and soapy water. Instead use lukewarm water to clean your dry skin followed by an emollient or moisturizer. This way your face skin will be less likely to become dry and cracked. This is the best remedy for dry skin.
• Dry fruits especially almonds help to retain moisture in the skin. Consume dry fruits regularly; continuous intake can help in treating extremely dry skin.
• Few drops of Almond oil added in warm milk at the time of sleeping is an effective home remedy for dry skin.
• Rubbing sesame oil on the affected area after your shower is one of the best home remedies for dry skin.
• Severe cases of dry skin can be treated with the help of avocado oil. You can also apply a paste of avocadoes on your dry skin face to nourish the skin.
• Glycerin also works very well on dry skin and dry lips. This dry skin home remedy can be combined with rose water to have better results.
You can also read more home remedies for dry, cracked and chapped lips
• Avoid the intake of alcohol and drinks high in content of caffeine, if you are suffering from very dry skin because this can worse the condition.
• This may surprise you but milk bath once in a month can help you to get rid of dry skin.
• A gentle massage of lukewarm olive oil can do wonder to cure the dry skin. Leave it overnight and wash off the face with warm water. This is an excellent natural remedy for dry skin.
• What you put in is what comes out, so be conscious what you are eating. A diet rich in Vitamin A, B and E is also a dry skin remedy as deficiency of these vitamins lead to dry skin.
• Dry patch of skin on chin, mouth, nose, hands and dry skin around lips can be treated by peanut butter. Application of peanut butter will moist these areas for long time. Peanut butter really works on dry skin areas and patches.
• A tablespoon of yogurt applied on dry skin areas is one of the greatest home remedies for the dry skin.
• Poppy seeds is an natural remedy to treat itchy and rough skin. Soak khus khus (poppy seeds) for overnight. Grind it with milk to prepare a paste. Apply the paste on your face.
• Dry cracked, flaky skin can be treated well with the application of honey. Spread honey on the dry skin patches and wash off after half an hour. You can also add few drops of rose water in honey as a natural remedy for dry skin.
• Apple cider vinegar on dry skin areas can cure dry itchy skin.
• Cold weather causes dry skin and banana on face can treat dry skin. Mash banana and add few drops of honey in it. Mix well and spread on your dry skin face. Massage it for 10 minutes and leave it to dry. Rinse off and feel the result. This is a good home remedy for dry skin.
• Dry skin products with high content of aloe vera can help to get rid of dry skin. You can also apply aloevera pulp for 10 to 20 minutes on your dry skin face to treat dry skin.
• Coconut oil is an easily available home remedy for dry skin.
• Take one teaspoon of malai or milk cream, a pinch of turmeric and four to five drops of olive oil. Spread the paste on your dry skin and leave it to dry. Wash after 15 minutes.
• Beeswax can be used for curing dry scaly and cracked skin. This will reduce your dry skin symptoms, giving you soft and smoother skin.
• Dry and cracked heels is a skin problem which hurts a lot. A very effective home remedy is rubbing of the inside part of a banana peel on the heels.
• Papaya is a fruit, which is used in facial masks for dry skin. You can also massage mashed papaya on your face. It will exfoliate your dry skin, removing the dead cells making it glow and soft.
• The natural oil found in peanuts assists to moisturize the dry skin. Make a paste of peanuts and mix it with milk and honey. Apply on your dry skin face. Leave it to dry. Then rinse off the water and pat dry.
Place an air humidifier in your home to moist your surrounding. Avoid soaps with strong chemicals instead switch to natural soaps. You can also use a baby lotion as your moisturizing dry skin lotion as it contains lesser chemicals. You can try any natural remedy from the above list of home remedies for dry skin. Stick to the one, which you feel is the best to treat your dry skin problems.