Hair rebonding is a hair straightening procedure, which means chemically treating your hair to make it fall straight. The chemicals used in hair rebonding will alter the structure of the inner layers of the hair through which your curly hair changes to straight. Rebonding gives you poker straight look. If you want a super straight look then hair rebond would be best over Relaxing. From cost to safety point of you, time involved to precautions to be taken, every single aspect is mentioned below:
Is Hair Rebonding safe?
Yes, hair rebonding is safe if it is done by a professional or reputedsalon. In the process, the hair root or scalp is not touched as the chemicals are applied 2 to 3mm away from roots. Most women hesitate to treat their hair to harsh chemicals, but rebonding is safe to use, if followed by proper instructions.
Time involved in hair Rebond
The entire procedure will take up to 5 to 6 hours depending on the hair length. First chemicals are applied to hair and then hair is blast ironed. Ironing process takes a long time. A strand test is first conducted to determine based on the elasticity, state of health and texture of the hair.
Precautions to be taken while getting hair straighten
• After hair rebonding, any new haircut will fall flat. So, it is recommended by the professionals that one should get a haircut before you apply chemicals.
• A gap of at least 2 to 3 months should be there between rebonding and colouring hair.
• Hair Rebonding Straightening effects last up to six to seven months. A touch up is necessary at the stagewhen natural curly hair starts growing from the roots.
• Make sure that you keep away from water since water dilutes the bonds. One should also not touch or tie hair for 72 hours after the straightening procedure.
• Shampoo, condition and moisturize your rebounded hair regularly to make them healthy. Hair get dry and thick after rebonding process, so conditioning is must after every wash.
• Keep in mind that chemically treated hair requires special attention and special products.
• Wella, LOreal and Schwarzkopf offer a wide range of conditioners and shampoo for colored and straightened hair.
Estimate Cost of Hair Rebonding
Hair Rebonding costs you around 4000 to 8000 INR. Once you straighten your hair, you also need to invest in good after treatment products. Ask your hair stylist what products she or he is using.
Careless application of chemical lotions can destruct your hair. It all depends on how well you take care of your hair after rebonding treatment. Do your homework before choosing the right salon. Research well, about cost and price of rebonding in your area. You have to devote a little time to pamper your straighten tresses.